SPF.IO is a live captioning and translation platform that helps churches and other organizations create an inclusive environment for people of all languages and abilities. An SPF.IO operator is a person who is responsible for operating and managing the SPF.IO platform during an event or service.
2 Hours Per Event
An SPF.IO operator should have a good understanding of the platform and its features, as well as excellent communication skills to ensure that the captions and translations are delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
- An internet connection (broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Network: 1 Mbps download/upload Internet connection speed (when network is in use during a live event). Test venue internet with an internet speed test.
- Browser: Support for Google Chrome 80
- Speakers, microphones, and webcam.
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-core CPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 4GB Free disk space
- Audio: Ability to receive audio input over USB.
- Operating System:
Windows 10 or later, MacOS Mojave or later, or - Chrome OS 90 or later
Before the Event:
Event Setup and Testing:
Setting up and testing the SPF.IO system before the event or service.
Coordinating Event Team:
Coordinating with the speaker or presenter to ensure that the captions and translations are synchronized with their presentation.
During the Event:
Starting and stopping the live captioning and translation services as required.
Monitoring the quality and accuracy of the captions and translations throughout the event.
Providing Technical Support:
Troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise during the event.
Providing support and assistance to attendees who require captioning or translation services.
After the Event
Event Team Discussion: